Veterinary Dermatology & Allergy Treatments in Clemmons
Our Clemmons vets provide comprehensive dermatological treatment for cats and dogs.
Skin, Coat, Ear & Nail Care
Veterinary Dermatological treatments address diseases of the skin, coat, ears and nails in cats and dogs.
Skin problems, especially chronic or recurring ones, can be irritating or painful to pets, and frustrating for pet owners.
With a range of tests available to us in-house and a variety of treatment options at our disposal, we can identify the root cause of your pet’s skin disorder and offer a customized treatment plan to start the healing process.Book An Appointment
Skin Conditions in Cats & Dogs
The most common skin conditions in cats and dogs include food or environmental allergies, bacterial infections, hot spots, fleas, ringworm, ear mites, and acne.
Skin problems in pets can range from mild and temporary, to more serious problems that can lead to a range of health problems in other parts of the body.
Causes & Symptoms
Cats and dogs often develop skin problems as a result of allergic reactions to substances in the environment, such as chemicals in cleaning products. Many others develop skin problems in reaction to ingredients in their food, an underlying disease or condition, or fleas. We will identify the root cause of your pet's skin condition, and provide an effective treatment and prevention plan.
Symptoms of skin conditions include excessive scratching, rubbing of the face or ears, chewing or biting the skin, scooting or rubbing on surfaces, excessive licking, red, irritated or flakey skin, sores, and hair loss.
Grooming for Cats & Dogs
Maintaining your pet’s coat, skin and claws with regular grooming is essential to their comfort and wellbeing, and it makes cuddle sessions even more enjoyable!
Our Vet Dermatological Services
Our animal hospital offers the following dermatological services:
- Allergy testing, diagnosis & treatment
- Treatment of mites (demodex & scabies)
- Laser treatment for skin disorders
- Diagnosis & treatment of ear & nose disorders
- Diagnosis & treatment of paw & nail disorders
- Diagnosis & treatment of hair loss & hormonal disease
- Identification of underlying seborrhoeic & breed disorders
- Identification & treatment of immune disorders
- Diagnosis & treatment of skin cancer & tumors
- Injectable, non-steroidal allergy medications
- Medicated bathes for skin issues